Delta’s pilots union and Delta Air Lines have reached an agreement in principle to prevent pilot furloughs until January 1st, 2022. The details of the contractual language have not yet been finalized but some of the agreement is to include the following:
- An immediate lowering of green slip flying (green slip is a term used for overtime)
- Furlough protection for every pilot until January 1, 2022
- A commitment from Delta to establish a Market-Based Cash Balance Plan
- Positive space commuting for pilots for the term of the agreement
- Monthly pay of 30 hours plus benefits for pilots who received furlough notices. These pilots will have no flying obligations or restrictions on outside employment
- A pause and extension of the agreement in the event of CARES ACT 2 passed by congress
The pilots will vote on this agreement to prevent furloughs on November 1, 2020.